New car and Pics!

Discussion in 'Cars' started by Big B, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, I took a few shots of my new 1999 Cavalier LS earlier today.

Here's the results

Attached Files:

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

side

Attached Files:

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

The dash

Attached Files:

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

And the backseat...

Attached Files:

5. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Nice ! Looks in great condition.
    What's the mileage ?

6. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

wow, nice car Big B and does look in good condition!!!

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

A little over 70,000 miles on it, but they're mostly highway miles, and the previous owner put in a new transmission about 15,000 miles ago. It's in exceptional condition. The engine's been tweaked a little, but it gets in the 20ish range for in town mpg. I'm thinking of putting in a air filter charger to up the gas mileage a tad, and I get a little extra horsepower to boot. The stock stereo is pretty good too---but they have been getting better over the past several years.
    The dealer is really good too, but I hope I don't have to do too much business with them. Their oil change is pretty good at $12.95, so I think it's worth it to skip doing that myself.
    I am very happy with this car. I've hit 75mph so far. I'd like to see if I can get it up to the 110mph on the speedometer, but I also need to find a place where cops can't stake out and snag people :chk:

8. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

I think you should be able to do 110 mph and even more, because my friend used to have a 96 dodge neon, and during that summer, the cops here were on strike, so you could basically do anything on the highways !
    We used to go up to 180km/h, which is 120 mph. ( I had a 89 chrysler dynasty Le)
    The funny thing is, my speedometer couldn't go higher than 160, so I thought I was going at 160, but when we stopped, he told me we were indeed at 180 !
    So I would guess that your car can do it.
    You'll need a pretty long stretch though.

The speed limit in the us is 55 mph right ?

9. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, that depends on what state. In my state, Indiana, yeah most cases. Other states have it 60-75mph. I do have a buddy that has a spot where he can floor it and there's no place for cops to hide.

10. Sniper

oh man, looking at it again, I wish my first car will be similar, plan to use my Uni loan, on the car :)

11. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Yeah I forgot to tell you guys, I got myself a 2000 Chrysler Neon Le from a chrysler dealer.

It was little expensive but it'S in great condition. Has a 4-disc changer and a/c. 15'' alloy wheels. Warranty is 4 year/80k km (bought it at 51k km so until 130k km or late 2007).

I hit the 180 km/h mark pretty easily ( 108 mph ).
    It doesn't accelerate very fast though and consumption is sub-par I'd say (not even 400 km in town ( 240 m ) because it's only a 3-speed automatic gearbox. (They changed to a 4-speed gearbox last year and the new sx 2.0 also has a 4-speed gearbox (the automatic) I believe)
    Would have liked a manual gearbox but hey, when you buy used you can't always choose !

If I can get my hands on a digital camera I'll take some pics.
    Right now it's winter here so the car is dirty and I put 14'' rims on it so the other ones stay in good condition so it's not as good looking as it is in summer.

But I like it very much and it feels great to have a car of his own :)

EDIT: Oh and I hit a stop signal in a parking lot so the front bumper is cracked on the left :p ( was blinded by the sun :( )

12. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Mines just dirty now...but that's due to the ol salt trucks making the rounds. I also like manual transmissions better than autos. Still the Cavalier takes off pretty good regardless. I might get something nicer next year, providing this new job goes like I want it to. (and today is a good day)

13. Sniper

B, you plan to do any mods to it? a in-car dvd player? like on "Pimp my ride"?