New Case :O

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by ProcalX, Feb 14, 2005.

1. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

OK, so in my very final bid to make my PC as Silent as possible i ordered this:

http://www.arctic-cooling.com/pc_case2.php?idx=12

The reason i brought it is that i came back early from work today due to the fact i'd had several teeth rooted out - not a pleasant experience, anyway, when i got home - in alot of pain i might add, i was told that my PC was not working..

The first day of the school half-term and someone in the house had some how broken the pc.. Windows 2000 Corrupted literally everything..

Anyway, warning to all DONT download Imesh 5, i came back and my event logs showed that someone or something had installed Imesh 5, and it's completely stuffed the pc, and my System32 was filled with .exe's i didn't like the look of, either way my AV is kept upto date every 2 hours, however this obviously being a new thing.. didnt get caught.. and once on the pc .. corrupted everything gradually..

Subsequently it's actually destroyed my hard drive 1 x 60GB Excelsor (havn't really lossed anything ;) ) - I have 2 x 80GB Western Digital SATA's (sold 1 of em) but never bothered installing them, so i've brought my new case and am awaiting its arrival :p

*Note it may not have been Imesh 5, but pretty much everything i've seen leads to it.. anyway the only thing i have left to get now is my Artic Cooling VGA Silencer for 6600GT :D muhahhah YAY!

(now i've got a spare 480W ThermalTake Silent PSU :( )

2. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

I hate you now. /hate

3. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

Lookin good :good:

4. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

u really are rather obsessed with silentness arnt you?? Nice case tho

5. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Yes i am :)

there's no reason why a computer should be loud, noisy and obtrusive when you can get very good air cooled computers - for overclocking as well :) but with an almost silent operation..

6. Addis

Addis The King

As long as my computer can do the stuff that it needs to without making me too deaf, I'll manage. When I'm older I'll probably start building lots of systems. All reasonably quiet.

7. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Yeh when I start making money i'll go for quiet but cool things but at the moment i get what i can afford or what other kind people buy me

8. extreme4377

extreme4377 Big Geek

agreed. Although Im not so sure you shoulda gone with that case. An Antec SLK3000B or 3700BQE or 3700AMB, Sonata, etc would have been perfect along with some Nexus Damptek, suspended HDD(s), quiet Nexus or other fans, and no fan grills. Pics when you get a chance and your thoughts on the case would be great!

9. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

First off it's a nice case, nothing 2 fancy, good quality, although i'm almost certain that my CM Centurion 2 with all the silent fans/acoustic matting / rounded cables was as "silent" with the same cooling.

Although in saying that, my system temperatures constantly stay at room temperature now - all the time.

Although i don't have any acoustic matting on my new case - which makes a big difference, and i need some more AS5 for my cpu.

But the wiring in this new case is ALOT easier, and neater, and it hides all my different coloured Optical drives / 3.5" Drives.

and the hard drive cooler - although very basic is still a nice addition.

Will update with some photos once i've got the pc running an OS.. i might just give my brother this case and buy myself a nice new Akasa cooling case, with all the top silent cooling parts. - But then whats the point.. i'm off at the end of march for 8 months.

10. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Wanna give me that case insted :D

11. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah i bought my computer frm the shop where i went to for a bit, i got jus a normal case, Compucase 6A19, its alryt on the temperature side of things, it very rarely goes over 37 degrees, it has a 120mm fan on the front and space for another 120mm fan at the back, i have the standard cpu cooler and on the mother board there is another fan cooling the onboard multimedia card, i dont actually use this though as i have separate graphics and sound cards. the only thing is it isnt exactly quiet, it isnt loud but is annoying, it isnt vibrations simply the air movement that makes the noise :x:

12. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

That's one awesome case dude, the next pc I build will be a lot more quiet than the one I have now, though with my headphones on all the time I don't really notice. I found their power supply diagram interesting too, I assumed a beefy pc would suck a lot more power than 230wts, in that case the 350wts is pretty good, given it's effieciency. Nice choice Procal.

13. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

but it pretty funny to see mom grit her teeth at the sound of 3 vantec tornados haha

14. phaedrus

phaedrus Geek

very nice case, but! unless im wrong isn't the psu a special one that cant be replaced with a standard psu? just hope it runs ok

15. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

that case is damn ugly, who cares about noise, i got 8 fans in my computer all together, 50% of the noise is caused by a processor fan that i took of my old ocmputer, and i tie wrapped it to the graphics card, and i can shut it off, and i can shut another one off using speedfan, lol on my old computer, it only detects one fan to shut off, and thats the spu fan, i shut it off compleatly and the 1.2ghz celeron kept operating, if you want a silent computer, dont go to those lengths, stick ya computer in a cuboard :p, warp it in sound proofing lol if ya that desperate :p, my computer has all fans on at the moment, and is like a jmbo jet, but i aint botherd, if i play music really really really loud, i cant hear it, i wouldent want a tottaly silent computer unless it was watercooled, but if it was a super silent computer, cooled by fans still, i would keep thinking the cpu fan had died on me, also never have a case with no side windows on it, you never know when you cpu fan may just give up:p, that side windows could mean the difference between life and death for your computer lol.

16. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

ahh youve never spoke to procal. He dislikes side windows because the emit more noise. :)

17. Willz

ah, lol, what does he want, a computer that does not emit no noise at all, lol there is this special material you can use to make walls and stuff, its very expensive tho, he could build a new room with this stuff, then put his computer outside :p, no noise.

haha, lol were my dad works, they put computers in fridges to keep em kool :p

18. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Lol nice idea. Lol his ultimate goal is to have a pc that emits no noise, you should ask him about it when he comes back.

19. Willz

lol, haha, i think they also keep em in fridge freezers :p

20. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

or non conductive nitrous is used to cool down pcs, that is very overclocked ones, they let the ATI team overclock a X800XT to beat two 6800Ultras in benchmarks