New Cooling Method Refrigeration System

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Pimp, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

Hello

I saw this new Thermaltake Xpressar RCS-100 case that has a revolutionary cooling design that uses refrigeration instead of water and air cooling, it is apparently much better then water cooling, can knock off 20 degrees off temp, anyways here is the link take a look and see what you think:

Thermaltake Xpressar RCS-100

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

it's a bit expensive, for £470 (here) i'd want it to be gold plated, but ignoring the price the case does kick ass, if only it came with a PSU

3. Pimp

Yeah i know it does kick ass, BTW there are two packs for sale one with a PSU and one without but the one you found on OCUK has no PSU option, i think the PSU is 850watt.

The downside to this case is that only certain mobos are compatible and the huge price tag that comes with it.

4. gazaway

gazaway Geek Trainee

Ya, no thanks. Unless I were to coat my components to protect them I'm not going to trust that to not make any type of condensation.

5. Pimp

I don't think Thermaltake will launch a product that allows such a thing to happen I'm sure they tested it very well (finger crossed) Also Thermaltake have made some good quality cases so i assume this one is good as well.

6. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

Scan.co.uk where selling these cases but they quickly took them off their website due to people reporting them to have condensation building up and basically wrecking their system.

7. mothergoose729

mothergoose729 Geek Trainee

Radon based friges use liquid as a part of the cooling system. Anything that lowers temps to sub ambient will cause condensation. Just a bad idea overall. Water cooling FTW here.

8. Pimp

Ok faire enough :)

9. itsup2f8

itsup2f8 Geek Trainee

Yeah - that would be a little scarey to put liquid so close to my computer. I don't care how good it works. But is a grate idea~!