New Heatsink?

Discussion in 'New Build / Upgrade Advice' started by Santamawe, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Santamawe

Santamawe Geek Trainee

Hello i just recently bought a amd fx-8120 cpu and am wondering what cooler will fit in my case (Thermaltake V6), i was looking at the coolermaster hyper 212+ but am not sure if it will fit (touch the side panel or cover a slot for ram). reviews said it is quite large if you have any recommendations as to another cooler (same price range) that will fit i love to know.

Spec.
    Thermaltake V6 chasis
    asrock 970 extreme3
    16 gigs ddr3 gskill 1600 ripjaws
    Amd fx-8120 Cpu
    Antec high current gamer series hcg-750 psu
    saphire Radeon hd 6850

2. NumbWarri0r

NumbWarri0r Geek

You should be good with the Coolermaster Hyper 212+. If the fan does cover up a RAM slot, you can just switch the fan around to the other side. Hope this helped.

3. Santamawe

Santamawe Geek Trainee

thank you didnt know if the fan was swapable, i have a slim fan as well that is the same size do you know if it will fit the mounts that come with it?

4. Lotuscore

Lotuscore Geek Trainee

The Hyper 212+ should be fine for you. You can also try the Freezer 7 pro rev.2. These two are the best price/performance ratio cooler in the market.

5. Santamawe

Santamawe Geek Trainee

thanks, i already ordered the 212+ wish i had known about the freezer 7 pro though looks very promising. oh well if the 212+ doesn't do want i want can always rma and get the freezer 7 :)

6. NumbWarri0r

NumbWarri0r Geek

As far as I know you can swap out the fan just has to 120mm.
    I agree that the Freezer 7 pro rev.2 is a decent cooler. It is more expensive than the Hyper 212+, it also doesn't move as much air.