new hsfs

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by harrack52, Aug 15, 2003.

1. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

I just received my slk-800a and vantec iceberg4.

Let me tell you, if you've got back problems, do not lift a slk-800, because it's ****in' heavy !
    And I used to think the Volcano 11 was heavy..

In addition, I don't think the Iceberg fits on the 9600 pro, but I'll find a way.

I'll install them later and give you a guys the before/after results.

2. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Well everything's installed now.

I've gained (lost, dependign on how you see it) 5C under load which is very good. I've barely gained anything at idle though but it's ok, it's at 32C right now, ABSII shows 34C.
    The good thing about that is I can let my fan at the lowest rpm even when playing games.
    It was quite easy to install, the socket clips are way easier to work with than the thermaltake ones, and the fan clips are great also.

As for the vantec Iceberq, it fitted perfectly after all. I had a hard time removing the stock hsf from my card though, but it's good since I've actully seen a gpu in person for the very first time :p
    It also has a blue led, which I didn'T know, and lights up the bottom tier of my case.
    It also came with ramsinks which were very easy to work with.
    I gained 9mhz of memory and 11mhz for the clock.
    Yes, it's more of a toy than anything else ;)

Now what I'd like to know is if the stock ati hsf is a better cooler than my stock nb cooler.
    If it is, I'll put the nb cooler on the sb and the hsf on the nb, if not, I'll just put the hsf on the sb.
    Either way, I'm gonna have to make sure the wire is long enough as I will have to plug it in my vid. card.

I'll keep it that way for a few days and let the ASIII settle, and see if temps improve.

3. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I think your temps might improve a bit more, good to see you got good results!