New Mobo !

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by harrack52, Jul 4, 2003.

1. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

That's it !

I've just ordered my Soltek 75FRN2-L from ncix for $119 cad.

A great board from what I read since the start of the year (They started with the FRN and now they're with the FRN2 which officially support 400 fsb).

Not only was it my choice at the start, but it was also the cheapest one. The K7N2 Delta-L was $130 cad.

I can't wait.
    I should have it next friday or the monday after.

I'll put a Barton 2500+ and good memory in the future (Corsair Twinx is simply too much for me right now) so it should overclock very nicely.

If I buy Geil PC3200, it should get close to or to 200fsb right ?

As for my 9600 Pro, I'll do a complete reformat of everything (linux partitions: EVERYTHING), and see what happens. I know this card's good, I'll find what is wrong with it and make it work like it should.
    I just bought ut2k3 and it's not even perfectly smooth at 1024x768x16, so something's definitely wrong.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

It better, being rated for 400MHz operation. I would be cautious of Geil. Awhile back they had problems with any AMD motherboard. Lately, I haven't heard anything about that, and they were supposedly working on it.

Another memory option you might wanna look at is Kingstons HyperX ram.

Yeah, somethings probably wrong if you can't run that game smoothly and I can with a lesser video card. I run it at 1280x1024x16 w/o too much choppiness most of the time.