New monitor

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by harrack52, Aug 9, 2004.

1. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

I got myself a brand new NEC FE991SB Black monitor.

Haven't played games with it yet but will shortly. I'm eager to use the Superbright function.

Running Windows in 1520x1140@75hz and everything is beautiful.

It is an Aperture Grill monitor and if you look for them, those two lines are visible. However, you really gotta look for them. There is no way they're visible in games.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Flat CRT's are nice just for reducing the glare. I think it'll be interesting to see how well the Superbright function works under D00M 3---it's dark just about everywhere.

3. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Well I just tested it in this game and it works great.

I used to have to crank up the brightness all the way up in the settings as well as both the brightness and gamma to 2 through the console for the game to be enjoyable.
    The brightness of the monitor was also all the way up, now it's a little over 50%. I haven't played with the settings yet but it seems there's a lot of room to play with.

Now I put the gamma and brightness to 1 and use the second Superbright mode and it's just perfect. It's playable and the video disks look perfect, unlike before where it was too bright to see anything.

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

nice, got any pic of it in action?

5. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

I got no digital camera unfortunately (same reason I didn't post pictures of me in that other thread).

My aunt does have one though, I'll see what I can do.