New PC Build.. Need Advice

Discussion in 'New Build / Upgrade Advice' started by azurites, Dec 8, 2012.

1. azurites

azurites Geek Trainee

Was looking for some suggestions you all have for an upcoming PC build of mine. I am open to all configurations but I must say I prefer ASUS mobos and AMD processors based off previous experience. Unless you have had extremely positive experiences with specific hardware other than those two manufacturers I'd appreciate it if you would provide suggestions with those two companies involved. If you don't feel compelled to do so, that is fine, and I'll take into consideration your opinion.

I am hoping to put three hard drives in this box. Two old HDs that I havent been able to use in a while, and one new one. So I suppose a larger case would be in order. I'm also looking for something that will be highly functional with gaming, as I play some HL2 games, etc. My price range for all materials would be around 500-700 dollars.

I am not really familiar with how to match up CPUs to MOBOs and stuff like that. If you would be so kind to tell me what I need to look for to make sure everything is compatible for future reference?

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

You have to first start off with a Motherboard and What socket you want to use... Then will come your CPU/processor...You have to match the cpu with the motherboard by the Socket....AMD/Intel ,,, then socket..Then you need a good case.... You can do all this just by doing some research on Google..

3. Jan Benedict

Jan Benedict Geek

Do you do overclocking? Pretty hard to start suggesting, need more info..