New PC Case ----Overheating CPU

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by scottttyyyy, Jul 31, 2007.

1. scottttyyyy

scottttyyyy Geek Trainee

Just got a new pc media case, and for some reason the cpu is overheating. It starts of at 30, and can stay that way for sometime, however after a few hrs it wil be up at 60+. Now it was fine in the previous tower case, although it did have a vent sitting on top of the cpu fan which may have made a difference for taking the hot air away.

Anyway, the case is sitting at 35 degrees which isnt to bad, and theres space for 2 80mm fans directly behind the cpu, and one 120mm fan directly to the right of the cpu. A second 120mm fan is located over the otherside of the case. I have no idea how to set them up ie pullin the air in, out etc so any advice would be appreciated as this may help. Any other advice on how to cool the cpu would be appreciated too, it is a Pentium 4 550J 3.4ghz with stock heatsink (which is connected correctly).

Thanks in Advance

2. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

I would have the two 80mm fans blowing air into the case, and the 120mm fan blowing out of the case... this way you get a much air from the room into the case while (hopefully) not forcing air out through the dvd drive (etc).

I'm guessing you can't fit a bigger heatsink in there but if you feel upto it you could cut a circular hole in the case over the CPU and but a grill over it

3. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

ok, if i'm getting this right, theres an 120 for an intake in the front and then a 120 on the side panle and two 80's in the rear (generally exhaust fans) Well as far as the front and rears go, i would have the front 120 pull air in and the two 80's push air out. As far as the side goes it all kinda depends on where its located and what you all have set-up. But i usually have the side panel fan pulling air in as well to get fresh air directly onto the CPU.