New PC, small problem

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by Merlin, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Merlin

Merlin Geek Trainee

Guys I need some help. I have built a new PC, everything is running fine exept for speed fan and some other programs that swich my machine off. As speed fan opens, my pc switches off. SiSoft Sandra switches off my machine when I run tune up wizard. Any ideas why this is happening or how i can sort it?

PC Specs:

DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR EXPERT (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard
    AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego 90nm (Socket 939) - Retail
    Coolermaster Hyper48 Cooler (Socket 754/775/478/939)
    Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3500LL Pro TwinX (2x1GB) CAS2 timings 2-3-2-6-1T
    Leadtek GeForce 7800 GTX Extreme Edition 256MB GDDR3 VIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail
    Western Digital Raptor 150GB WD1500ADFD 10,000RPM SATA 16MB Cache - OEM
    Enermax Liberty 500W ELT500AWT ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant PSU
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS Edition - Retail

Some pics, new PC i got to show off :p lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Are you getting a BSOD at any point?
    What are your temps? Have you tried the SmartGuardian monitoring program (should be on the DFI driver CD) instead of SpeedFan?

If those are the only two programs, I'd suspect some sort of glitch with them. However, if you haven't, run [google]Memtest[/google] to make sure you've got no issues with the Corsair RAM. I know the non-Expert NF4 LP boards seemed to have some issues with Corsair stuff, and I'm not sure if this was sorted out with the Expert version. If that passes after 6-8hrs+, then try beating the CPU up with [google]Prime 95[/google] and it's torture test (blend)
    Make sure you've plugged in all the power connectors on the motherboard if you haven't.

3. Merlin

Merlin Geek Trainee

Firstly thankyou for your reply. No I dont get BSOD just a straight switch off of my machine.

My temps:

CPU - Idle 30C, Full load 42c
    Sysyem - Idle 33C, Full load err I cant remember somewhere around 40C
    GPU - Idle 35C, Full load 48C

I dont think I got SmartGuardian with my mobo, I do have nvMonitor which I installed and is working fine. I tried downloading Memtest and buring it as an iso but I didnt get it to work, as I was searching around my bios I found (to my surprise) that it comes with Memtest incoroporated. My system passed Memtest no problems.

I did finally find a kind of solution to the Speedfan problem. I had to put /NOSMBSCAN after the name in the shortcut target. I still dont know why it was happening though.