Newbie alert - Need your help building a new rig guys !

Discussion in 'New Build / Upgrade Advice' started by Bertrand, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Bertrand

Bertrand Geek Trainee

First of all hi to everyone, i am new to this forums and the sole reason for creating this account was to get an objective and, without a doubt, usefull advice on building my new rig.

First of all i am aiming for high ram memory, 16gb to be more precise. I know this is not so high for someone in the states or other 1st world country, but where i live, that ram is too damn high :D
    When i called the shop for advice i told em the price could reach somewhere in the vicinity of 500 euros ~ 618 u.s. dollars. The offer i got from them is as follows:

-MB MSI H61-P23 Intel H61 (B3) LGA 1155 2xDDR3 1066/1333 - I guess this is the motherboard (yes i am that noob :D)
    -Ram 8Gb ddr3 1333mhz Mushkin Silverline x2
    -CPU Intel Core i3 Sandy 1155 2100 3 1GHz 3Mb Box
    -HDD Itachi 500gb
    -Graphic card not important here.

My main concern regarding this compilation is the compatibility of the ram and the processor. I need the new pc to be able to handle multiple applications at the same time, i am talking about maya rendering while playing, rendering videos, uploading files... My question is, is there any specific motherboard/processor i should be aiming for that is best known in supporting multiple applications at once. I know that high ram is pivotal when it comes to multitasking and running multiple applications at once, and i also heard somewhere that 4 core processors are best for this purpose.

The reason why ur advice is so important for me is coz where i live spending this much money on a pc is a big deal, and i dont want someone from the shop just offering me things they got in oversupply and need to get rid off. I know there are ppl on this forums that know what they are talking about when it comes to hardware components so if u'd take the time to rate this compilation ( or think of a better one in the similar price range) i would be very thankful.

2. ryanbloom

ryanbloom Geek Trainee

Hello,

Please check out an article and video I created about a DIY build. The specs of this machine are similar to what you want and can more RAM could be added. I highly recommend this build and it comes out to less than what you received a quote for. I also offer assembling it and shipping it out. Take a look!

http://inteldh67cf.rbtechdesign.com