Newest Duron's

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by Big B, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

1.4 and 1.6GHz varieties and they run a 266MHz FSB. I also hear they OC pretty well. For a comparison, any of the 1.0-1.3GHz Durons were equivalent to the old T-bird Athlons of the same speed, but only had a 100MHz FSB. Still the same amount of cache, but if you're into modding the CPU itself, you can enable the disabled cache. The catch is that it was disabled for a reason: usually it's the bad part. These are the Duron derivative of the Thoroughbred core Athlons.

Cheap n fast. Something I really like.

2. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Yep, great for secondary systems or for someone who only goes on the net and such.

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, I've been reading that the 1.4's overclock like crazy. 2.5GHz...weather or not that's going to happen for me is a different story, but, hey, I'm . Duron's have been the better value chip for a long time now, and I'm glad AMD is keeping them around for awhile.

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

the duron are quite cheap! thats what I use on my main system lol, but thats cuz I dont do much gaming, well not until I get a new system!

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

So far, no real success in overclocking, but I'll see once a new PSU comes in. I'll be doing some major gaming in about 2 weeks...hehehe.