Newly Assembled Computer Will Not Post, Displaying Q Code 61

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by 1namu, Dec 17, 2014.

1. 1namu

1namu Geek Trainee

I have assembled a new computer. Here is a list of the components that I have used:
    1 x Corsair HX Series 850W ATX 12V Power Supply
    1 x ASUS Z10PE-D8 Server Motherboard
    2 x Intel Xeon E5-2630 v3 Processor
    2 x Crucial 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 2133 RAM
    2 x Dynatron R17 CPU Heat Sink and Fan
    1 x ASUS GeForce GTX 770 Video Card
    1 x Samsung 850 Pro 123GB Sata III SSD
    I assembled the components and tried powering up, however, the computer will not post. The fans do start up upon powering up.

I proceeded to strip down my assembly to 1 CPU and 1 RAM stick and tried powering up again using the on board graphics, however, it still will not post. I do not even hear a beep. I have also tried powering up outside the chassis to make sure that nothing was being shorted. I see Q code 61. I tried clearing the CMOS with and without the motherboard battery inserted, and still no luck.

I did follow all the steps from the forum on posting issues. I did try removing the single RAM chip I had in, and I received 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps, which I took to be a good sign of the motherboard working. I only see the green power LED when I power up. None of the on board error checking LEDs are lit. ASUS support instructed me to do a BIOS Flashback, and still no success.

I am uploading an image of the 1 CPU, 1 RAM stick, and on board graphics configuration if you are curious. I only have powered the motherboard and CPU 1. I have attached the the VGA connector that I then hooked up to my monitor using a VGA to VGA cable. I made sure that the VGA controller is in the enabled position. (Note that even when I was using the GPU and not the on board graphics, I still was getting Q code 61.)

I am not sure on how to proceed. I would appreciate it if anyone can help me resolve this issue.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Outside of playing with the different CPU and RAM stick in the spot of the current ones, I don't see much else you can do but to exchange the board. If it's within the retailer's return period, make use of that, otherwise, you'll need to go through Asus for an RMA.

3. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

Usual problem with Intel boards are bent CPU pins, check those.

Someshat strange parts chosen but it's too late now to give advice when they are already bought.