Nintendo DS flash Cart

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Dartht33bagger, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Dartht33bagger

Dartht33bagger Geek Trainee

Any of you guys here have a flash cart for your DS so you can play games and music, etc off your DS?

I was thinking of getting the R4 revolution for it, but I haven't found any good places to buy it. Anyone had any experience with this cart?

2. Velkyn1

Velkyn1 Geek Trainee

I read something about using R4. The prices are around $80 for the whole pack, which you should buy. Then you just download whatever(music, games) to the sd card and can play both. Works with DS lite which is great cause i love gba games.

Theirs a place in california with a number on the website you can call. But i forget the website. I met someone in germany that had it and told me to buy it from whereever you can get it. He said it was amazing.

3. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

I've got an R4, it was $40 and came with a 2gb micro-SD. It works fine for DS/lite and GBA games, but unlike some other units it doesn't support GB/GBA emulation. Like most aftermarket flash carts, it uses Moonshell and so can play mp3 and video. On that note I'd say the DS/Lite is pretty much worthless to this end. It's too underpowered to use any worthwhile video codecs, and it can only decode MP3 in mono at last glance. You'd be better off sticking with your iPod for those tasks.

4. sbeck14

sbeck14 Geek Trainee

I bought an R4 card, a friend said it was a clone because it supported SDHC but it works fine for me. I got it for like 7 bucks at dealextreme, but apparently they took all of their flash carts off their website for some reason. It's called the R4i or something like that. Anyway, it works very well and will play roms with no patching or anything. I use an 8gb micro-SDHC card in it and it has no trouble reading it. It actually does support GBA emulation with a homebrew app you can download.
    Here is a site that has what I bought off of DX- R4i SDHC for All version of DSi,Support v1.4 - US$13.99
    A little more expensive, (20 bucks shipped) but it really is worth it.

If you purchase it, go to r4i-sdhc.com to download the firmware for it. Put it on your micro-SD card and it will run fine.