No video

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by dc366, Apr 15, 2010.

1. dc366

dc366 Geek Trainee

I bought an Asus M4N68T-M motherboard and have assembled it with AMD 925 and 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3-1066 PC3-8500 1066MHz. I connected the monitor to the onboard video and there is absolutely no display. Also if I press the num lock key, I dont see the num lock light glowing on the keyboard. I bought this motherboard on March 11, 2010 but I just opened it today and it is not working.
    Does anyone have a solution?

2. edijs

edijs Programmer

so, let me get this straight - you assembled the PC and it's not working? What happens when you press the power button - do the fans start to spin?

3. dc366

dc366 Geek Trainee

Yes I have assembled many computers prior to this and had no such problems.
    Yes the fan is spinning, the hard drive turns on, there is also a small LED on the motherboard which is glowing.
    I also installed a HD 4550 graphics card and I still dont get a display.
    Is it the motherboard or RAM that is faulty?

4. purushottam

purushottam Guest

hello :),

this is your Ram problem, i think your Ram is damage or/ it's not properly fit on motherboard , so remove this Ram & again install on motherboard and press this .

then i hope your problem is solve.

regards,
    purushottam

[mod]link removed[/mod]

5. dc366

dc366 Geek Trainee

As a matter of fact it is not a RAM problem; I got the motherboard replaced and used the same RAM. Works like a charm.

6. jaggy

jaggy Geek Trainee

Was about to say, if you don't see a post screen, it's most likely the mobo.

Cheers.