Noisey Pc

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Sn1P3R, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Sn1P3R

Sn1P3R Geek Trainee

Hi

My computer has been making a noise constantly for the past week or so.
    It sounds like it does when it is loading a program. I dont know how to explain it, its like a rattling sound. Even when the computer is in sleep mode it makes this sound, and it is running very slow even my internet is slow.

I think it is my HDD. Ive defragged, scanned for virus/spyware, uninstalled programs that i dont use deleted old files and run disk cleanup.

The problem is still there and i dont know what else to do. I dont really want to restore my pc because its a pain in the ass to install all the programs and do all the updates and stuff.

oh and also i check what processes are running and rundll32.exe windows host is listed 4 times is that normal?

Any help please?

2. Wildcard

Wildcard Big Geek

Try doing this to see if you have bad sectors on your disk. Also, if your hard drive is making noises like clicking or grinding, you may want to start thinking about replacing it. The head may be hitting the platters or something else may be out of alignment.

From Micosoft (for Windows xp):

1. Double-click My Computer, and then right-click the local disk that you want to check.

2. Click Properties, and then click Tools.

3. Under Error-checking, click Check Now.

4. Under Check disk options, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box.

5. Click Start.

3. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Does it do this on a fresh start up? What is slowing you down is SLEEP Mode. DO NOT USE IT>>> Have you cleaned it ? I never use screen savers/sleep mode or any of that stuff. you are just asking for trouble there. Turn off the pc, wait for a couple of minutes and start fresh, check to see if it is still slow. Next clean with Ccleaner/ and Abexo Reg cleaner.
    Run AntiVirus and all spyware software.. Also, has your computer been optimized ?