nokia 3650 problem

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by Ferg, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

Hi there,

Ive got a wierd problem with my nokia, a few days ago i plugged a handsfree kit into it, and when i took it out, instead of the phone realising it was gone and reverting back to normal as usual, it still thinks there is a headset plugged in! this is really annoying as i now have to keep my headset plugged in, in order to make/recieve calls and the really annoying thing is you cant hear it ring!

Ive tried :
    -a full reset (both through the menus and the reset code)
    -starting in safe mode
    -restoring the phone from a backup on my mem card
    -with/without my mmc card (256mb)
    -and all the menu options i can find, (you can't just tell it there is no
    accessory being used, you can only choose headset, loopset or textphone - and none of them change the fact i cant hear it)
    -i thought i may have bent the pins inside the socket, so i took it apart, they are all fine, i even tried starting the phone WITHOUT the headphone socket in it and it still thought there was a handsfree being used!!! this makes me think that it is software related.

any help would be greatley appretiated, as i have searched and searched for this problem on the web and so far have turned up zip!

cheers, ferg.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

just tried search on google, not had any luck my self! I will keep looking!

just a thought, there must be a program for it, to allow you to manage these things on the phone! possibly built in some where in settings?

3. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

cheers for the effort snipe, you have just made me realise that i have 3 full cds of nokia apps for my phone, maybe i'll find something there!

update... i went to the carphone warehouse today, they said that they could prob fix it, but they would have to keep it for two days and charge me 30 quid!!! harsh... i'd really like to find a way to fix it myself!

4. Sniper

did you use *#7370# to format it? I think its a bug in the 3650, the CPW will most likely upgrade it to the latest version to fix the problem!

or reinstall the system on the phone! have a look though the CD you should find a program to let you do this! £30 isnt worth it, if its gona be something simple!

5. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

I found psiloc system tools, but that looks like that it has another way to format the phone. I couldn't find anything to update the firmware.

Thats the code i used, it worked - as far as re-setting everything and deleting all my data but it still had the same prob.

I'm starting to think that maybe i could update the firmware revision myself, i've been looking through some symbian forums, but i haven't found a comprehensive how-to guide as yet. It means that i'll still have to fork out around £10 for a data cable for my phone though :mad:

6. Sniper

If you call up Nokia you should get the firmware upgrade for free if under warranty I think! Also having to buy your own cables and doing it would be expensive.

7. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

warranty! ha ha, i take pride in the fact that iv'e never owned a phone from new!

I have managed to find a place that will do it for 20 quid, but they want to keep it for 10 days! :mad:

8. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

hi there, just thought i'd let you all know that i'd fixed my phone, i found a broken one on ebay, replaced the headphone/charger socket, and started it up and it worked! i guess it must have been mine that was messing things up! strage that when i started it without a headphone socket it still had the same problem though!

cheers for all your help guys.

9. Sniper

It does sound like a bug in the system! The only way, would be taking it down to your local shop to get it fixed!

So it still does what you described in your first post?

10. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

no it works perfect now! when i plug a handfree kit in, it notices it (dead quick) and when i take it out it goes back to how it was!

Im so happy i can hear my phone again! :good:

11. Sniper

cool! the headphone socket must have be broken!

12. syngod

syngod Moderator

I'm guessing this must be a fairly common problem as I just had a customer who's 3685i was doing the same thing.

Luckily or unluckily depending on how you look at it when I sent it into Nokia they sent it back supposedly unrepaired due to water damage, however the stickers did not change color and when the phone got back there was a black plug in the headset jack and the phones speaker was working fine again.