OCZ VX + DFI nF4=PC4000 @ 2-2-2

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Big B, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Just saw this over at Anandtech: PC4000 DDR that does 2-2-2 timings at 533MHz. There's one catch: you need some hefty voltage to do this, which DFI's nForce 4 motherboards have.

Anyway, here's a snippet:

Some of you may recall in the last days of BH5 memory last year that BH5 actually performed faster than the new Samsung TCCD at the exact same memory timings. This is a pattern that we have seen before, but OCZ 4000 VX Gold blows the hinges off the door of this concept. What can you say about a memory that outperforms the fastest memory that you have previously tested, except “wow”? What replaces “wow” when you realize that OCZ VX running at DDR533 outperforms the previous best running at DDR610? There are no superlatives that really do justice to this kind of performance. We are absolutely blown away with the performance of the OCZ DDR500 VX.

Intrested? Of course you are, so here's the link for the review.

2. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

I'd get a 1GB Dual Channel Kit of it and overclock my Winchester back to 2.5GHz 1:1 if i wasn't going away - you'd get some seriously sweet memory bandwidth with that.

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yup. If I remember right, DFI's DDR voltages go all the way to 4V. :eek: Probably why you can OC like mad on those boards too. Off-hand I don't know the price, but I'd wager the VX stuff to run close to, if not past $300 for 1GB...something like 200 Pounds in the UK.

4. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

I highly doubt it, 1GB (2x256MB) Corsair XL Pro PC3200 2-2-2-5 1T costs £190 here