on board sound or not

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by woodmaster, Dec 23, 2006.

1. woodmaster

woodmaster Geek Trainee

My new build has a Gigabyte 570 sli mobo and I also have a M-Audio 24/ 96 sound card ,the thing is I'm putting my old pc downstairs as a media center and I only have one sound card and it was only used useing the coax digital out to a Pioneer av amp so DD and DTS was decoded by the amp, now as luck would have it the 570sli has a digital coax so that will do the same as before yeh so I can keep my 24/96 in my media center pc I dont suppose there will be any differanc in sound quality that I would notice

2. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

The M-Audio will be alot alot better than your intergrated sound, whats your main purpose for your new pc? if its gaming or some movies, i would suggest X-Fi card, music, sound recording etc.. then go with an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 i think its called.

3. woodmaster

woodmaster Geek Trainee

The new rig is for gaming and thinking about it ,surely sending a digital signal via coax from the mother board to a 75w per channel AV amp and Yamaha speakers and sub is better than any pc speaker set up and the idea behind moveing the 24/96 to the pc down stairs is that it will be a music server and I can hook up the card to the amp via coax and that amp is 140w 5channel amp with Rel sub and M&K speakers,also worth mentioning I want to go SLI and fit near silent add on cooling fans and they each take up a slot so there wont be room for a sound card.:doh: :eek:

4. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

if its for gaming use 6ch direct depending on the speakers, you cant get surround with coax or optical with the X-Fi, it seems like the X-Fi soudncards are the best for gaming, especially the Fatal1y.

What subwoofer/s and speaker/s have you got if you dont mind me asking, i bet your sub is a beast :p, i currently have a z5500, pumps out increadible bass, but i am thinking of maybe getting some real Hi-Fi gear, 2.1 AV system to start with and using a BK Monolith subwoofer.