One more Firefox convert!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ThePenguinCometh, Jul 3, 2005.

1. ThePenguinCometh

ThePenguinCometh There is no escape

I had the pleasure(?) of being called around to fix an XP box that was apparently running slowly. As is my routine I began with the standard tests, viruses, spyware, hard-drive diagnostics, removing unused programs etc. Some stuff came up but not a lot. Just out of habit I downloaded Firefox and used that to test the Internet connection, some improvement over IE but nothing you'd notice in a two-minute test on an unfamiliar machine. After failing to find anything majorly wrong with the machine I consulted the owner again to see if there was any improvement from what I had done, "Yes, much better thank you." Hmmm....

Anyway, they then asked me if I had any suggestion on how to speed up the Internet connection! "Weeeellll ... now that you mention it ... ". As the title says, one more Firefox convert! Wahey!

2. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Lol well done penguin.

3. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

Nice :good: I've converted a few of my friends to FF! Though I'm not sure if they still use it or not.

4. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

I made my parents use it :)

5. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

My mother hates it. :eek:

Even with an IE theme and my personal assurance, along with 90% of the planets sane internet users, she refuses to use it.

At least its easier to find out where any attempted browser hiijacks are from :D

6. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

I've got all my friends using it, my parents using it and most of my family using it. There's one friend who just says "We'll see" when I tell him about it, as if it takes a lot of effort to download 1mb and install.

7. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

when i use firefox my downloads start at sometimes litrally 10mbps, and sometimes just 3 mbps, i cant belive it, when i use internet explorer, downloads start at about 600kbps, firefox is very fast, ha thats proberbly why they called it firfox, fox on fire, fire fox, (ass is on fire), going like clappers, going very very fast.

8. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

That could be due to the fact that Firefox has a built-in download manager that IE has only chosen to include in the Longhorn version.

9. Addis

Addis The King

Yes today I converted an old dude at PC World where i was working to FF. Easy.

10. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Lol ppl in the council still use IE and wont convert. Really annoying but apperently they have some deal with Microsoft or a partner or something and they think it would be a violation of it.

11. Addis

Addis The King

Much like Dell-Intel relationship.

12. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Also much like Dell-council relationship :D:D Hopefully much like Nic-council-Dell-21" tft relationship :D:D:D:D