Opinions.

Discussion in 'New Build / Upgrade Advice' started by Willz, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Hey.

Currently upgraded my rig with a new mobo and a Gainward Bliss 8800GTS 640mb, I notice in 3DMark06 I am getting only around 5813 when most people get around 8000, so I am thinking this is due to my CPU.

Now, at the moment with the High-End GPU in, what do you think of my rig, mid end righ? high end?

What would be the best option, buying a new mobo and going to C2D or maybe investing in a 3800+ X2?

2. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

Willz man, they have 4600's for like 125 rate now, MAD CHEAP. But on that, you have a mad nuts GPU, so it would prolly be the best idea to go Core 2 right

3. Crom

Crom Geek Trainee

I'm with Swansen. You're going to want a machine that can handle that card and what you've got right now is a little behind the times. A C2D or an AMD 5200 or even a an FX on the AM2 socket is what's called for using that card.
    I'm an AMD fan so I'd go that route, but C2D is definitely worthwhile.

-Crom

4. Willz

I might just buy a 3800+ and overclock it to 2.8ghz, only £50, currently got my 3700+ back to 2.8ghz, got 13,550 in 3DMark 05 and 7221 in 06 which aint bad for my rig.

5. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

i don't even trust 3Dmark, its just for fun to me, but i dunno.

6. Willz

Well, it does its job, more or less benchmarks the whole system. With 3Dmark 06 there is a CPU score, SM3.0/HDR, SM2.0, so its a preety good indicator of the power of someones system, my CPU only got around 1000, 863 before overclock, a 3800+ gets around 2000 because its dual core.