Overclocking Nvidia Geforce6 mx440

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by matttibb, May 24, 2005.

1. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

Right I know you all know I am a newbie at most things but this is like the ultimate... I have never looked into anything like this before and I'm wondering if I should start. Would it be worth overclocking my geforce4 while I wait for the money for my radeon9800 (could be another month) and how would I go about it. I mean, I don't even know if you have to get the card out and do something to it or if you can do it with software while the card is on or what! Sorry for being so ignorant but i suppose you never learn if you don't ask, especially if you're lazy like me :eek:hah:

2. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

I wouldn't recommend it. The one's I've worked with ran hot as it is, and they are pumped up geforce 2's so they are nearly pushed to their limits already. May be able to squeeze some mhz but I wouldn't suggest it.

3. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

k, i'll just wait. I cannot wait until I get this Radeon!

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah, NF's right, I don't think you'll get much extra performance out of it either. Maybe 5 extra fps, no biggie. Plus the fan will probably overheat as the heatsink/fan probably isn't the greatest. Just so you know there should be a tab under the display properties menu that will lead you to the nVidia control panel where you can look under the clock frequencies and tap things up some. This of course may not necessarily be so with you computer, but when I right click I see the the option right under properties.

5. Addis

Addis The King

For recently made games, overclocking an MX 440 is like doing up a 206 to compete in an F1 race. you could tweak the settings a bit an overclock a tad and that'll probably help a bit in odler games.

6. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Wait, you meant GeForce 4 MX440 right? Sorry to nit pick, just confirming.

7. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

haha yea..why can't i ever write it properly!!