Partition Table Error #105

Discussion in 'Storage Devices' started by iceangel89, Aug 16, 2007.

1. iceangel89

iceangel89 Geek Trainee

i get "Partition Table Error #105" in partition magic (boot from CD), and it does not want to format (gives Bad Parameter 4) and delete is grayed out! but seems i managed to reinstall XP, but still partition magic says there is Error #105! and Acronis Disk Director (also Boot from CD) refuses to allow me to click! i can move the mouse but not click, and during boot up (disk director reports errors on the HDD during start). and inside XP "Computer Management > Disk Management" there is no option to resize... it should be there right? or is there really something wrong??

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

well, personally, i don't like Partition Magic, i've seen too many data disasters involving PM on HWF, but while where on the subject of me not liking stuff, i personally don't lik Windowz, anyway, back to your problem,

It is possible to force partition magic to read the partitions by using the switch /ipe

however, on windowz type into the run dialog
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\PartitionMagic 8.0\PMagic.exe" /ipe
    Your location could be different, depending on where you installed your program.

3. iceangel89

iceangel89 Geek Trainee

ok, ill try that but if i use the Boot CD can i do the same? cos normally i do not install, as i usually use boot from CD - most tasks require me to reboot anyways isn't it?

4. donkey42

donkey42 plank

i'm having difficulty finding info on partition magic cos Powerquest where acquired by Symantec back in 2003, however, here's a list of errors & solutions, sorry i can't help further