PC for gaming, budget 1000 euros

Discussion in 'New Build / Upgrade Advice' started by edfimasa, Aug 2, 2012.

1. edfimasa

edfimasa Geek Trainee

Hi guys, this is my first post in this forum. Greetings to all.

I came to you to ask for your advice on building a new machine.

I love to play games, mostly RPG, Strategy games, and FPS. I'm not one of those guys that want the best Frames etc etc.. I'm casual.

I looked around and seems i5 is the best for gaming, please advice on the model.

I like speed, so I was thinking about an SDD to go with the i5.

I want a MB with a good chipset, but I don't want a mb for RAID that I will never use, or with the option to link several graphic cards, I will only use one. I read something about the z77 improving the graphics etc etc. So whats the best?

Should I look for a mb with DNA and WI-FI, or should I buy these separately? I would like DNA so I can control my pc from a distance, it would be good to have but not a thing I couldn't do without.
    WI-FI is important, but would it be cheaper to buy aside?

About ram, dd3 ofcourse. But should I go for 1600 or more, price/speed , I don't need the best just to get a little improvement on performance. Also,8GB, or 16GB DDR or should I max it out to 32GB, is the difference in performance big? Also Corsair?

Also about the PSU, I like them silent, as silent as possible, last year I had a corsair, they seem silent. What's your opinion?

Graphic card, I like games like oblivion, skyrim, fallout 3,diablo3, and COD (although I rarely play this one), would like to play BF3 decently. Nvidia or Radeon?

Also monitor, I was thinking on one of 24'', are the ones of 26'' any good for gaming?

about the SO, Windows 7 ultimate or just the premium one? Should I wait for the windows 8?

thanks,

cheers.