PC Gaming: GTA:SA

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by herbjr, Jul 26, 2007.

1. herbjr

herbjr Geek Trainee

Well, lately. I have been getting into pc gaming. Most recently, i have been playing Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Multiplayer alot. However, use one laptop for gaming and business doesn't work out the best as you may have thought. I was wondering if anyone have any ideas on a good and cheap computer made for gaming. I was planning on buying a new laptop for my business (found one for about $300 something), and modding this one up so it would be pretty good for gaming.

I wanted to know if anyone has any good suggestions for me. Also, if you know of any cool action-type games, let me know.

2. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

well, you can buy a really nice machine rate now for about nothing. Seriously, AM2 stuff is really cheap, you can build a machine that will be able to do anything you really want rate now for around $500 like a 4200 x2, 7600gt a couple gigs of ram(could save a little and just do a single stick) really nice board, 500w powersupply and get a cool case as well. If you want specifics i could put together a list, but thats just general stuff if you want to shop around yourself.
    ---edit---
    Oh yeah, cool action games, oblivion is sweet, but its a little in-depth, fable the lost chapters, jade empire is sweet, balders gate, titan quest is good to, yeah and you should be able to pick any of those up for under $30 dollars to, oh yeah can't forget Morrowind, thats the sweetest, and you can run that on pretty much any machine.

3. herbjr

herbjr Geek Trainee

Thanks. If you could put together a list of the parts i could buy, that would be great...

I wanna make a pretty neat gaming system that runs well and would be able to run at gta and SWAT4....

4. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

5. herbjr

herbjr Geek Trainee

6. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

The only thing that matters with a case is size, make sure you get one that's big enough for the motherboard to fit in.

7. herbjr

herbjr Geek Trainee

Thanks. I was gonna a pretty nice big one so i could have it like maxed out lol. Basically, a mini-super computer :). I hope. Or at least close.

8. herbjr

herbjr Geek Trainee

Sorry for double posting......

But do you know where I can get a CD/DVD combo drive that doesn't use a door? You can just enter the disk..
    When i say combo, I mean one that allows you use and burn both cds and dvds.

Also, wont I have to purchase an operation system? Such as XP or Vista?

9. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

yes, you will have to get an OS, also, trayless drives are really expensive, like in the hundreds, sometimes you can find then under a hundred dollars, but its rare. You just need to get a DVD burner, it will burn CD's as well.

10. herbjr

herbjr Geek Trainee

Oh ok. I found out they are called Slot-Loading. I searched......couldn't find any of them.... That sucks. If you know where I can get one, please let me know. I don't care about the price. Ill find someway to work that out.

11. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

12. herbjr

herbjr Geek Trainee

13. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

thats a pretty neat case, but on that note, since your going all ballin outta control on this smaller stuff, you might as well go crazy with the other stuff to, i wasn't really sure of you budget or what you planned on doing, but there is definitely better performing hardware out there.

14. herbjr

herbjr Geek Trainee

Yea I know. I had another computer friend of mine go over with me about the parts you posted and he told about some other parts that would be great.

15. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

well it basically comes down to this, are you going to get XP or Vista and also, how big is your budget.

16. herbjr

herbjr Geek Trainee

Well, I might go with vista. Or get XP and use a cool alienware themes.
    I dont have much of a budget, but I really dont have the money to pay for a 900-1000$ computer system lol. Well, not at once anyway.

17. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

well, the system i had suggested earlier is a monster and especially for the price. The only real issue there would be graphics card, which is only DX9 compliant, but even then, you could just wait till everything turns DX10 only and just get ATI's HD series card, and AMD's new cores that they are coming out with. That would be like a year or so down the road, so you really can't go wrong with what you would be getting.

18. herbjr

herbjr Geek Trainee

So what exactly are you saying? That the graphics isn't good enough or that there would be a better one coming out?

19. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

well, i'm saying, you could just use the set-up i gave you and it would be a sweet PC for a couple years before you would have to upgrade, and it is super cheap. Thats just the first option, the second one is pretty much put a whole different set-up together that will work with games for window vista only, (DX10 games) But that set-up, would be a whole lot more money.

20. herbjr

herbjr Geek Trainee

Well i dont want a system that plays vista games only.... So i'll stick with your set-up.