PC Problem

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by delinquent4, Jan 13, 2009.

1. delinquent4

delinquent4 Geek Trainee

Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.53GHz
    RAM: 1.5G
    Graphics Card: VisionTek Radeon X1550 And GeForce 6200
    DirectX: 9.0
    Connection: Charter Communications ( Cable )
    My PC has PCI slots.

Games: Counter Strike: Source

I have always had low FPS. I thought it was my video card, so I bought the Radeon X1550, still low FPS but I delt with it. So I then thought " Hey! maybe it's my RAM, I only have 768MB of it! " So I bought a gig. I now have 1.5G ( only two slots for RAM ). I also bought the GeForce 6200, hooked that shit up. Yes I downloaded the latest drivers ( I'm not dumb ). I didn't notice too much of a difference, of course. So, I checked both cards FPS they gave me during CSS gameplay. the Radeon gave me 10 more FPS during the test, and I'm guessing that's because it comes equipped with a fan, and the GeForce doesn't. But it's still REALLY laggy. I know it's not the drivers, or a virus, I clean and defrag my PC weekly.

Here are Counter Strike Source's Requirements:

Minimum: 1.2 GHz Processor, 256MB RAM, DirectX 7 level graphics card, Windows 2000/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Recommended: 2.4 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, DirectX 9 level graphics card, Windows 2000/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Nvidia GeForce 6200:
    Video Memory: 256mb
    Memory Type: DDR
    Interface Type: PCI
    RAMDAC: 400MHz

VisionTek Radeon:
    Video Memory: 256mb
    Memory Type: DDR2
    Interface Type: PCI
    RAMDAC: 400MHz

I'm not quite really sure what the problem is. If anyone has any ideas, please email me at [email protected] seeing as how I have a bad habit at checking forums. Thanks.

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

What software is running in the background? If you're running something like Norton AV, that's probably the culprit.

P.S. - By "PCI", did you mean PCI 2.0, or PCIExpress? There's a really crucial distinction there.

3. delinquent4

delinquent4 Geek Trainee

I don't have ANYTHING running. I'm not that slow. Ill be buying a new pc soon anyways, only thing i can do.

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

have you tried lowering the resolution, settings the graphics quality to low, decrease the draw distance?

5. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

I don't know if you saw the edit on my original post, but by "PCI", did you mean PCI 2.0, or PCIExpress? There's a really crucial distinction there.