PCI x16 Versions

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by Tainted, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Tainted

Tainted Geek Trainee

First off, I Want to say I've googled everything I can think of, I've contacted any manufactuer I could get a hold of, this is my last resort posting asking other people, so any help, please.

I'm hoping I've come to the right place, as manufactors of these products don't have a clue.
    I have a new computer with a 1 PCI-e x16 slot. I want a better gfx card, but I cannot find out what version it runs (1.0,2.0,2.1.) I bought the computer from newegg, which doesn't list versions for my computer, or even the best gaming computers.
    I contacted the chipset manufacturer, but they just directed me towards the mobo company, gigabyte.

I've seen the computer listed as being version 2.0 PCI-e x16 on several websites, but they are computer outlet websites I've never heard of, so I don't trust it.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-M68MT-S2
    Chipset: NorthbridgeNVIDIA GeForce 7025 rev. A3
    SouthbridgeNVIDIA nForce 630a rev. A2

Any other pertinent information I can provide, I Ran a few programs that break down everything about my motherboard/cpu/gfx/except of course the pci version. Attached file is a breakdown of my computer stats, although it's got a ton of like binary or something inbetween the useful words.

Attached Files: