Phase one of AIDS Vaccine Trials Successful

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Impotence, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

"Xinhua online is reporting on the success of the first trial phase of an AIDS vaccine, which was started on March 2005. From the article: '"Forty-nine healthy people who received the injection showed no severe adverse reactions after 180 days, proving the vaccine was safe," said Zhang Wei, head of the pharmaceutical registration department of the SFDA. "The recipients appeared immune to the HIV-1 virus 15 days after the injection, indicating the vaccine worked well in stimulating the body's immunity," he told the press conference.' After the results are further analyzed, 800 more voluntaries may be needed for the second and third phases of the vaccine's trial."

Article: Xinhua - English
    Source: Slashdot | First Phase of AIDS Vaccine Trials Successful

2. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

thats really cool, but man i would not want to be the one where the anti-virus didn't work on. Buy yes that is extremely cool i hope it works out and is successful

3. Impotence

I'm quite confused at to why everybody's assumes/thinks that they tested the Vaccinated volunteers against the real Virus.

They would have been testing cell samples (most likely to be blood) taken from the volunteers, and they found samples taken 15 days after vaccination appeared immune to the virus.

4. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Good stuff, I hope this all goes well :)

Doctor: "We've given you the vaccination, but we're not quite sure if it works yet, mind if we give you some disease to test this theory?"
    Patient: "Go ahead doc, knock yourself out"
    Doctor: Leans in with needle
    Patient: Punches Doctor, knocking him unconcious
    Patient: "I guess I had to do it for him..."

5. Addis

Addis The King

How exciting it must be to be developing this vaccine, the thought that it may one day cure AIDS.

6. Impotence

yeah, i just hope there motives are to help, not profit

7. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

I think, by the time a proper vaccination for AIDS will come out....Human body will get immune against it and would not require any medicine.

8. Impotence

There is no question of being resistant, it attacks the bodys immune system , you have to be immune.

There are some people who are naturally immune, but that's through birth and a slight mutation of the immune system (there immune system is not vulnerable to the method of attack of the AIDs virus).

9. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

According to the fact, that nobody survives after this disease, which means no further generation. So its hard to say that our body gets immune against this disease. But exeptions are always there.. :D