PhotoShop / Template Help

Discussion in 'Graphics Design' started by ProcalX, Sep 14, 2005.

1. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Hey all, now i can use Photoshop, and i'm probably being really thick but bear with me on it..

I have an HP OfficeJet V40 which does upto 4800x4800dpi i believe, anyway i'm very much into my photography and have a great Sony Cybershot T-3 5.1 MegaPixel, whilst i was away in france my digi cam was in my pocket all the time :D - gr8 thing bout having a small/powerful camera, now i took some really amazing photos by eventually learning to program all the settings per photo shoot on my camera instead of using Auto :p

now i have brought tones and tones of photo paper, the 10x15cm photo paper/4x6Inch photo paper (standard photo size) which means i dont have to make a naf job of cutting with siccors off A4.

I can't for the life of me print em off with out some kind of "tab" or white border showing around them, i've even set the printer / photoshop to print em off exactly as i specify (user defined measurements) & tried the "Index Card A6 4"x6".

I really really would like to have these photos printed off on the paper without any borders or tabs, but i need a proper template or program that will work..

any suggestions? - ie: any programs that will do it for me?

I had the same trouble with printing CD labels, but i just downloaded a program to do it automatically.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I think it all depends on the printer, rather than a template, most photo printer specs mention if they allow borderless printng or not.

3. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

yeah have a look at your printer settings and see if you can enable an option to let you print to the edge of the page, pretty much all laser printers can do it and i'm sure all good inkjet printers do as well...

4. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Well i have an All In One HP Office LaserJet V40 that does 4800DPI so it should bloody do.

Thing is that when i print @ 4"x6" (standard photo size) - i am printing on 4"x6" photo paper, and the images still print off smaller.. even when they are "print to fit" or the image is already 4"x6" exactly

5. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

thats really unusual, i cant think of anything that can be affecting it, if the program you're printing from is set up right, the printer is set up in control panel...i am clueless...