pink

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by agowing651, Jun 3, 2005.

1. agowing651

agowing651 Geek Trainee

i have built a pc for my daughter and she keeps on at me to make it into a barbie pc. can i spray the case without overheating the pc or setting it alight. not sure what to do. thanks. :good:

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

You can, but you'll want to disassemble the case, sand off the paint and clean the panels that need painted. Use thin coats of primer and sand between them (might take a few coats) then repeat with the paint and let dry for a few days to a week.

But, for the love of all things holy, don't spray it completely assembled or you'll find your daughter questioning why the Barbie PC is acting funny.

3. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Big B is absolutely right. In addition, you should use the appropriate paint for the job at hand. There is special spray paint for painting plastics, such as the bezels of CDROMs and most PC chassis. If there's any metal to be painted, use appropriate paint for that too, preceded by a thin, even primer coat. Using the proper paints and methods will prevent peeling and give you a professional-looking end result. :)

-AT