Pippin!

Discussion in 'Testing Arena' started by UnSeEn, Sep 6, 2006.

1. UnSeEn

UnSeEn Mayor McCheese

I doubt any of you will get this except Exfoliate. See what I do in my spare time?

(my dog's name is Pippin :D )

2. Addis

Addis The King

An inside joke is no good on a public forum, care to elaborate?

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Hehe, I naturally get a real kick out of it but Addis is right, the thing is it's probably not going to make much more sense once we explain it. It really does fall down to the whole cliche of "you'd have to have been there..." deal. I'll just leave it at this: Way back, like early 90's, Apple tried to make their own affordable game console/computer hybrid, but failed miserably.

The machine was hopelessly underpowered and not worth using as an everyday computer and they were never any games as no company really cared. And the thing looked like it was co-created by Fisher Price and rejects from the Nintendo 64 design team so that didn't help either. Needless to say it bombed really bad.

In short the joke aspect took place a few Thanksgivings back and it was essentually about a made-up kid who was talking about his Pippin (console) in front of Pippin (his dog) so the dog perked hearing his name and, well you get the idea. It's not going to register as humor for the rest of you. But UnSeEn and I cherish our Thanksgiving moments just the same.

4. UnSeEn

UnSeEn Mayor McCheese

It was kind of a radio commercial, like one of those fake ones from the Grand Theft Auto series. It went something a little like this:

Kid: I love my Pippin!
    Pippin (dog): Arf?
    Kid: Not that Pippin, silly! The new Apple Pippin! (drones on)
    Kid: So next time you want to have fun with Pippin...
    Pippin: Arf?!
    Kid: Not you, Pippin!

Etc. etc. Our minds are frayed from too many weird summer-camps...

5. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Yehuh :)