PM notification not received & other notifications

Discussion in 'HWF Info & Issues' started by donkey42, Sep 20, 2006.

1. donkey42

donkey42 plank

PM notification not received, and i don't seem to be getting all notifications of posts i've made, i presume this is cos the content of the post i've made is not really helpful, just let me know, thanks

2. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I've noticed that too - I figured it was because Sniper was doing updates on the site or something. It's no biggy, I just check my subscribed threads for new posts.

3. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure why but I can tell you its got nothing to do with the contents of the post.

For PM notification that's odd, have a look in the your spam inbox may it ends up there?

4. donkey42

donkey42 plank

no, using opera as mail client, got "All Messages" selected, tried looking in "Spam" folder and nothing

5. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

send your self a PM and then check your email, as I just did and got a email. Also if possible try an alternative email address/

6. donkey42

donkey42 plank

will do, :cheers:

[ot]BTW: i thought i wasn't getting notifications because i'm thick with some / most things[/ot]

7. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I get notifications of most things, it's just every now and then I'll either get a few or none at all.

I just use subscribed threads and there's a pop-up if I get a PM. I leave my browser running pretty much all the time when I'm on my computer and check HWF every now-and then.

8. donkey42

donkey42 plank

sent myself PM, received email notification, but no popup saying "new PM", but in PM it says i have 1 new message

BTW: no notifications received about this post

Edit: getting another email address, to test it

9. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Recieving instant emails could be the email providers problem coz somethimes I've noticed that I recieves emails very late.... In regards to Instant Message Popup problem, look at the picture below. Also, try to run in different browsers like FF/IE and see if you still dont get that message popup.....
    [​IMG]

10. donkey42

donkey42 plank

didn't think so

[ot]how did you add image into your post ?[/ot]

11. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

You host the image somewhere (like ImageShack® - Hosting for example) then use the direct link to the image and use this code:
    Code:
    [noparse][img]direct link to image here[/img][/noparse]

12. donkey42

donkey42 plank

13. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yes you do upload the image there and use the direct code (imageshack do give you the forum codes for the image I think)

Example:
    Imagine I've just uploaded the image for my signature, I've got the direct link and I would then use the code:
    Code:
    [noparse][img]http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/3107/signaturesx9.jpg[/img][/noparse]
    to display the image like this:
    [​IMG]

14. donkey42

donkey42 plank

thank you, i'll give it a try later on (when i'm not doing anything)