PN indicators

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by 00darby, Jun 22, 2005.

1. 00darby

00darby Geek Trainee

Ive just bought a new case for a old-ish Packard Bell, that I'm doing up.
    I've got to the stage of connecting my PN indicator cables. I believe to the motherboard. This is a problem as there are several cables ie, power putton, reset switch, speaker, etc. and I dont know in what arrangement to connect them onto the pins. My motherboard is a Packard Bell Bora Pro.

Please Help.

Regards,

Paul Darby

Attached Files:

2. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Did you get a manual with your motherboard? If so look for the page which shows the pin arrangement ( there's one on USB, AUDIO, FRONT CONNECTORS etc) that will give detailed pictures of where to connect the pins to. If not try and search online for one...I had labels on my motherboard and a manual which made things a lot easier. Hope i helped a lil bit :)

3. 00darby

00darby Geek Trainee

I didn't get a manual. Its a Packard Bell Bora Pro, and came with the machine.
    I cant find anywhere that shows the correct positions of the PN indicators.
    Please help

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Woah, nasty config, no color corresponding, go figure. To be honest you'll have a hard time finding a guide online but you can at least try. Or see if you can find any one else with the same mobo. The best I could do is this: http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/pb/mb/borapro.htm and that doesn't really help, sorry. To be honest I don't think you can hurt anything my just choosing randomly, there should be little abreviated listings by the pins that might correspond to the jumpers, give it a whirl and if it doesn't boot you've got it wrong.

5. Addis

Addis The King

Yea I've countlessly forgot where my jumpers went without a manual and had to go through a few steps of no boot, wrong led config etc before i got it right.

6. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah i think exfoliate is right, i dont think anything can be damaged by just randomly choosing different pins. LED's wont hurt switches and visa versa, so i would just randomly try and see, it may take a while but it mya be the only way.

7. 00darby

00darby Geek Trainee

http://support.packardbell.com/uk/mypc/?Pi...ec_BoraPro#show

Found this diagram eventually, its at the bottom of the page the link directs to. I think it shows the correct position for the PN cables but i have no idea what the labels mean. please can someone help decipher them?

HDR BLNK, HDA, GND, FPBUT IN? etc.......

after so long looking for this diagram im prayin someone can make sense of it.

:p

8. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Good work! I couldn't really say without seeing the jumpers up close though.

9. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

yeah i jus checked it out, found the picture, i really have no idea, it seems strange, usually they use letters that you can make sense of without needing to consult someone else or learn a new language...

Have you looked at your old case, maybe those letters are meant to correspond with the indicators on your old case cables, if so you might be able to backtrack with those cables and see where they go to, thus being able to see what each abbreviation means, it might take longer but it may be the only way unfortunately...

(damn it, why is abbreviation such a long word! :x: )

10. 00darby

00darby Geek Trainee

In the old case all the wires were grouped together into a socket kind of thing that inserted onto the pins. I thought if I traced the wires back to their starting point ie power switch or HDD LED, then I would know, but it is all hidden and the wires are different colours :(

11. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

Quote from the Simpsons "Homer"

(on a phoneline/electricity pole)

maybe red goes in green (gets shocked) ahh!
    ok... no...
    green in red? (shocked again) ahh!
    how about both at the same time?
    (falls off pole) ahhh! (hits ground with thud)

12. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

yeah however i dont think the results in this case would be quite as dangerous... :p

13. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

haha, yeah I love the Simpsons, yeah still I really don't think their any danger in winging it, just take out a pad and pen and right down all the combos that don't work, in the end you'll get something. If it's a bad config it either won't boot or won't boot and you'll get mucho beeping.