PNY 7600GT Vs XFX 7600GT

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Zimmerru, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Zimmerru

Zimmerru Geek Trainee

Ok i've settled on geting an Nvidia 7600GT as it seems to be the best PCIE card for the money, in the $200 range that is. Now I have a choice between the PNY version of it and the XFX version, I know XFX makes an overclocked version of the 7600GT but am avoiding it after reading multiple problems with the memory being too overclocked. So far the only difference I can tell is what comes in the package, which isn't a big deal. Any opinions or thoughts of which I should go with?

2. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Depends which deal, do you have links to the different deals on the net that you're looking at?

I'd say go with XFX - they're a good company and make some good stuff :good:

3. roy92

roy92 CSS HAXOR

lol dude, if you get it overclocked and something goes wrong, you can always return it! Better if someone else does it for you and gets it wrong than you and you don't get to return it right? You may also enjoy the extra juice out of the overclock until it blows up:p

4. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

yeah pre-overclocked cards are guaranteed for that overclock, if you buy a 'stock / vanilla' card and overclock it you void the warranty.

5. roy92

roy92 CSS HAXOR

so zimmeru, from the gamer (me) and the graphics guy (matt555), we recommend you get the XFX for speed and the warranty!

6. Addis

Addis The King

Some members here have bad experiences with PNY, and I've never heard anything bad about XFX. So we'd advise XFX as well.

7. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I'm using an XFX card, overclocks like a dream!

They do seem to be one of the better graphics company's out there!

8. Zimmerru

Zimmerru Geek Trainee

Ok thanks for the info guys! :) I read several reviews on newegg where people had gotten the XXX edition and the memory was a bit too overclocked, so they had to get a new one. The new ones worked great, but there seemed to be lot's of cases of this happening which is why I was avoiding it. Since its only $6 more in price then the non overclocked XFX 7600GT i'll give it a shot. Thanks for the information!

9. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

If it's that little more then go for the pre-overclocked one.

$6 to ensure that the card will run overclocked. People may have had problems but replacements can be had.

10. Zimmerru

Zimmerru Geek Trainee

Yeah the only reason I was trying to avoid that is the place I was going to order it through the returns are a pain. I don't have much flexability on who to get it through due ot the nature of the payment.