Port Forwading Routers

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by Sheephead, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Sheephead

Sheephead Geek Trainee

we went through the normal prosedure on how to port forward a router we did all the stages correctly and it is still not port forwarding. I now have a grudge against Belkin !!!

2. Addis

Addis The King

OK, to clarify....

I went to his to port forward a Belkin wireless router. Connected to a cable modem, and a PC with a wireless Belkin network card.

I went into the Belkin setup pages, at 192.168.2.1, went to virtual servers, and added the port for uTorrent. The port was added to public port, TCP, private IP address (which was 192.168.2.2 checked with ipconfig /all) and the private port was set to the same port as before. Kerio PF doesn't seem to be blocking traffic, but I didn't really look at that.

Any ideas?

3. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Why do you need to port forward using the router? and what are you forwarding it to? uTorrent will work without portforwarding unless you are trying to use port forwarding to use uTorrent behind a firewall/filter/restriction you can't access or control, in which case your problem would be a proxy being in place.

4. Addis

Addis The King

He has a router in place, which is blocking all attempts to establish connections with his PC. To get any decent speeds downloading, he needs to be able to upload to other people. He can use it to download, but speeds will be terrible and not worth the time.

I have a netgear router, and when that was configured for port forwarding it worked fine with uTorrent and I could upload. His however is not working, the port forwarding is set up as usual but the port still seems to be closed.

5. Sheephead

Sheephead Geek Trainee

We have now fixed the problem and the problem was being caused by Kerio all along