possible new forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by donkey42, May 5, 2009.

1. donkey42

donkey42 plank

hiya could we please have a new forum for old hardware / software (like DOS, Win3.x & Win9x)

Edit: as everything can be traced back to DOS / Win3.x in some form of another e.g. Cardfile became Schedule+ and eventually became OE

Edit: i think i remember asking this before, did I ?

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

not sure, will there be enough new threads?

3. donkey42

donkey42 plank

there's one way to find out, try it !

4. tuxified

tuxified Geek Trainee

Good Idea Donkey, Good old memories yeah

I sometimes find myself flirting with DosBox, and playing old DOOM's games. It was even a mandatory fact, while experiencing with some Graphics programming.

But guys, you aren't gonna use it natively ? will you ? ha

Well Archane ripped off and would beat them all ?

5. donkey42

donkey42 plank

thankies
    old memories are the bain of my life (pain in ass) cos i remember the stupidest things

e.g. Win9x: explorer.exe needs shuting down regularly, & it automatically re invoked itself

well everything has it's roots in the past, which makes it easier to understand how something got to where it is, obviously without the bells & whistles & stuff

6. tuxified

tuxified Geek Trainee

Let me guess now, it was nothing more than a Mac like GUI built in top of a DOS version, but beleive me it was really quiet innovative at the time and we all did enjoy the improvements. Needless to mention I remember have bought a mouse only for that purpose.

absolutely right on that point, but I would go for robustness rather than compromising ornement