Power supply Question (plz help)

Discussion in 'Power Supplies and UPS's' started by eshban, Oct 12, 2005.

1. eshban

eshban Geek

Hi,

i want to buy a 400 Watts power supply. Kindly tell me that how can i confirm that a shopkeeper really give me a 400 Watts power. Because there is some fraud in market, like some shop keepers just attach a sticker of 400Watts on a 300 Watts power supply.

Plz tell me how can i check my power supply physically or through windows that it is really a 400 total watts power supply.

i am anxiously waiting for reply.

eshban

2. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

I shop by recomendation only.
    Get a tester of some sort and check it?

I cannot think of any other way....

Maybe another way around it is to get a decent sealed PSU. If it is sealed by the manufacturer, then it is likely that you will get what is on the box. Obviously do not buy if you beleive the packaging has been tempered with.

I love the way some sellers tell you that they had to open the box to make sure that it was what it was supposed to be....LOL :confused:

3. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

or buy a trusted PSU fron the likes of Antec, ThermalTake, Tagan, Enermax, Sparkle etc...
    They are quality items and mean you get a decent power source for your rig.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

If you don't trust the seller, don't buy from them. There's no Windows-based tool to measure the power supply itself for wattages. You can check the voltages running through it, but these may not be the most accurate readings, which you'll want to check with a multimeter.