powersupply for an Antec P180b

Discussion in 'Power Supplies and UPS's' started by dmbjohn, Mar 5, 2007.

1. dmbjohn

dmbjohn Geek Trainee

I will be getting an Antec P180B case where the power supply is on the bottom and so i am wondering if anyone know what to stay away from I have gotten a pretty good idea of the brands to stay away from but my concern here is cable length the drives are not so much an issue but the CPU and motherboard power connector

I probably will have a board with the connector at the top so ti will need to be fairly long to reach there actualy top left corner i belive will be the area of the CPU power connector

so i guess my questions what options do i have I will be getting a SLI board for C2D also and for the time being a nvidia 7600gt but in the future i plan to do to a direct X10 card set with SLI

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I'd suggest getting Seasonic S12-600 but I think it would depend on the SLI setup have.

3. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

i have the same case. Really any design with the dual fans, and not the 120mm's or 140mm's. Granted i did try one and it worked out ok. I have an OCZ Powerstream, which is really nice i like it. It works out really well and doesn't have the fan on the bottom of the PSU. Also look at PC power and cooling there good and have the right design

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Depending on what DX10 cards you go with, 600W may be a little on the low-side. The 8800GTX can consume 300W by itself. Secondly, the wattage you see comprises of a 3.3V, 5V, and 1-4 12V rails. The wattage doesn't come straight from a single voltage source, so a 600W PSU would be fine for 1 8800GTX, but two would be out of the question. That's why you see 800-1000W PSU's being used in 8800GTX/GTS SLI configurations.
    Right now, PC Power & Cooling, OCZ, and Enermax are the only companies with 1000W PSU's. The PC P &C unit runs around $500, while the OCZ and Enermax go for around $350.