Prince of Persia Sands of Time Card Emulation

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by manuullas, May 2, 2006.

1. manuullas

manuullas Geek Trainee

I'm trying to run PoP: SoT on my Win XP system.

Sysconfig as follows:
    Intel P4 2.4 GHz, 512MB RAM 333 MHz, 200 GB SATA Seagate,
    I don't have a graphics card. Instead I'm trying to run PoP on the Intel 82865GLC Integrated Graphics. My friend told me of a program named TOMMTI 3D Emulator that would let you bypass the games high requirements. I am assuming that I don't have to change anything on the hardware of the system. I tried meddling around with the settings of this program but nothing seems to work. Any amount of emulation still leads to a failure of the sys reqs check. So, is there any other program out there that can do the trick? Or must I really get out there and get a card?

What would be a good low-end card for mainstream gamers. I'm not looking at a dual GPU card, just any card that can meet the sysreqs for most games today. Should I go for an ATI or NVidia? Why?

Any help in this direction would be greatly appreciated.
    :)

2. Marcus_X

Marcus_X Expert N00b

I can't help you with that emulator problem you're having but I can advise you a littlebit about graphics cards. An ATI radeon 9800 pro comes really cheap these days, and still is widely supported by a lot of today's games.

It's hard to advise something if you don't know what kind of budget you have for a card, but I have a similar older computer collecting dust here with around the same specs which I'm planning to upgrade with that type of card.

I'm not sure but when you go for a stronger card your cpu might turn to be a bottleneck for anything stronger. I had a Nvidia 6800gt in a p4 2.2 Ghz before, when I installed it into a AMD 64 4000+ system it performed 100 times better.

Someone with more knowledge should be able to confirm this.

I hope I helped you along the way a little.

Greetings.

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I don't think there's a way around this. You'll need a new graphics card as software 3D emulation is a very dated and ineffective concept that just doesn't work for more demanding titles that require per pixel shading and other more advanced technology. A 9800 would certainly do the trick but I'd recommend something a little more modern, like a 6800GS AGP version which will churn though modern titles quite well (though more ram would definately help with newer titles).

4. Ark Angle

Ark Angle Geek Trainee

The game runs perfectly on intel processor pc's using 3d analyser.
    do the following instructions and get rid of it.
    (1)Open 3d Analyser.
    (2)Select POP in 3d analyser.
    (3)Then under 'Hardware Limits(cap bits)' section select all options.
    (4)Now under 'Pixel and vertex shader' section select:
    force max. pixel shader 1.4
    skip pixel shader version 2.0
    force low precision pixel shader
    (5)Use graphic card Vender ID 4098 and Device ID 20040.
    (6)Now press 'RUN' tab in 3d analyser.
    (7)Start game not on safe mode.
    (8)In game option set fog off.
    Now your game will run perfectly on pc but remember that you choose POP.EXE in 3d Analyser not PrinceOfPersia.EXE.