Printer Problem

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by Karan13, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Karan13

Karan13 Geek Trainee

I have the wierdest problem and i hope someone can help me. I moved over my HP LaserJet 2300L printer from one machine to another (It was connected by a parallel cable). It worked fine on the old machine but now on the new machine, when i hit print, it does something really word, where if the document is only 1 page long, it will not print multiple copies even if asked. If the document is 2 pages or longer, it will print multiple copies. It sounds wierd, but this is what is going on. It happens in all programs, microsoft office, notepad, wordpad. Also i didn't change any settings on the printer when i moved it over, but i checked those and it seems to be fine. I also checked the settings on the new machine, and i can't seem to find anything that would allow this problem to occur.
    I reinstalled the drivers, and tried to update them also, and still the same problem occurs. I tried searching online, but could not find any solutions. Thank you to whoever is able to respond and help me out.

Karan

2. Addis

Addis The King

Does the new PC have a different OS than the old one?

3. Karan13

Karan13 Geek Trainee

Its the same OS (Windows XP with SP2).