PS3 Europe Delayed (March 07)

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Chris_, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Chris_

Chris_ Excalibur

With all the recent hype about the PlayStation 3, and also the blu-ray delays and questions. The PS3 will not hit Europe until March 2007. It was originally meant to be released 17 November 2006, but now it's 6 months on from then.

Taken from globeandmail.com : Sony delays PS3 European release until March

TOKYO — Sony's upgrade video-game console PlayStation 3 will be delayed until March in Europe, but will go on sale in November as planned in the U.S. and Japan, the executive in charge of the project said Wednesday.

The sales delay is caused by a problem in mass producing a key component in the Blu-ray disc laser part of the machine, the next-generation successor to Sony Corp.'s hit PlayStation 2, Sony Computer Entertainment Chief Ken Kutaragi told reporters.

“We decided to focus on the Japanese and U.S. markets,” he said at the gaming unit's Tokyo headquarters. “I am so sorry not to be able to answer to all the expectations.”

The company is still sticking to its initial global target of shipping six million PlayStation 3 machines by March 2007.

I myself, think this is a good thing (for me anyway) even though the PS3 was originally going to be released one day before my birthday :(

I think that they may be a drop in price here, and Sony will use it to their advantage to see how the 360 & Wii have gone on, but to pay up for the long delay in Europe, they have to make sure it offers us everything that it's supposed to.

2. zeus

zeus out of date

I heard this on the news today. I dont get why its being released in Japan and the US in november still.

Maybe ours is better :)

3. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

they simply won't have enough to go around, ah well I don't mind because its my last year at uni, so instead of playing on the PS3, I should be able to concentrate more on study :)

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Ah man that sucks, Sony is going to get flack from this from a lot of anxious people. I personally think it's better to wait until they've got enough then go all Xbox 360 and ship out like a million unit and have everyone waiting in line for nothing. Not to sound mean but I do hope this means that there's more units at the US and Japan launch. Sony simply wanted to target it's largest fan bases I guess.