Ps3

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by syngod, Mar 24, 2007.

1. syngod

syngod Moderator

Just started the first WU with the PS3 so we'll see how much power it's putting out.

For anyone else with a PS3 folding post your first couple of results here and see how well the cell processor is doing.

2. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

"jealous"

3. syngod

syngod Moderator

Aww that's no fun, what's the point of having an 8 core processor if it's only going to register as 1 :chk:.

I'm just waiting to go home tonight and see the system dead, I've had it running for about 20 hours straight now so I guess I'll find out how much it takes to overheat.

4. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

5. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I got the PS3 on Friday, will get it F@H soon, only opened it to make sure it works, then not touched it since. (got project due in tomorrow)

6. syngod

syngod Moderator

Not sure how hot the European version is going to get since they ripped a bunch of stuff out but the North American version gets fairly hot after running overnight, so Sniper you might want to be careful how long you leave it folding at a time.

7. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

i really wonder how thats going to work. Like i guess i can understand if they have some SMP type client, but if you don't run the work unit again for awhile it will just reset, therefore nothing would really get done??

8. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

9. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

nice, well, if i get a PS3, first thing i'm going to do is make a mod to get more ram for it FTW

10. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

will do syngod, just posted using the PS3.