PSP are you gona get it?

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Sniper, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

The release date is March 24th in the USA I think, not sure about the UK though.

So who is gona get it? I have it preordered from the USA with GT4 Mobile and Fifa all for £220 delivered, I can't wait.

It will be region free for games but not for UMD's which I don't care about!

I will add some pics and a short review when I get it.

2. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Me Wants

3. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Same here, the PSP and NDS are on my wish list!

4. Addis

Addis The King

I'd want a PSP over a NDS just for the fact that its more powerful and should have better graphics quality. Mind you, you wouldn't be able to play pokemon on there...

5. Sniper

ok, I should have the PSP by next week! can't wait! a review will follow shortly after, since I have holidays coming up very soon.

6. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

The Daily Poll at GameFAQs.com shows the the NDS is wanted more than the PSP, but I know of a deal they're doing at Game with the NDS. If you trade in your GBA SP on it's own the price is £90 instead of £100, GBA SP with 1 game is £75, GBA SP with 2 games is £60 and GBA SP with 3 games is £50. Quite the bargain, not to mention it'll be backwards compatible.

As for the PSP, I haven't heard all that much about it.

Sniper likes this.
  7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I've actually heard that you can fool around with a Japanese PSP (if you are willing to order one of Ebay) to set it to English or whatever and it will work just fine. So I've read anyway. But just the same, if I were going to get one (I'd love that) I'd just wait the 24 days. Can't afford it right now though. And yes, although the dual-screen thing is a pretty innovative idea I'd rather have the extra horsepower and mp3/video abilities.

8. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

NDS comes out Mid-March over here and there's no release date set for the PSP. But I do know one thing, if I get a NDS for one game, it's gonna be Metroid Prime: Hunters, First Hunt.

(Metroid Rules!) :D

9. ninja fetus

as long as I can watch pr0n, listen to music on it I don't care which I get. :D

10. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

lol spoken like a true male teenager. ;)

11. Sniper

well if you want the ability to see detailed images the PSP is the better choice because of the bigger screen.

dam I am still waiting for my PSP!

12. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

i want a psp but i wont get one...i just dont have the money and with my auntie paying for me to go new york in december theres no point asking for it off her either

13. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Letsee, I go to Game and ask about both the NDS and PSP. They say the NDS is out 11th March, fair enough, my mum wants to get that for my birthday, so I'm giving her my GBA SP and three unwanted games to trade in for a part-ex. I ask them about the PSP and one store (yeah, there's two Game stores here) said it would be about June-July time and the other one said it was more likely to be August... looks more like a self-treat than a present from someone else at the look of the release date. :(

14. ninja fetus

how much is the PSP?

15. Addis

Addis The King

Around £180 I think. Just a guess really.

16. syngod

syngod Moderator

Picked it up today. Bundle with Wayne Gretzky NHL, & Spiderman 2.

Also picked up NFL Streets 2 and Darkstalkers.

So far I'm impressed, especially with the image quality on Spideman considering the UMD's only hold 1.4GB.

17. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Cool. Is it out over here yet? Im not sure i went toys r us the other day and hoped i might get to try it out but i couldnt find it. I did find the nintendo DS though and that was really good

18. Sniper

it won't be out in the UK for a couple of months yet, I think Amazon have it listed 24th June as the release date.

19. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

QUOTE: "So far I'm impressed, especially with the image quality on Spideman considering the UMD's only hold 1.4GB."

I don't mean to nitpick but I think the disks actually hold up to 1.8GB's. Or did you mean Spiderman 2 only took up 1.4GB's?
    Here's the link
    "The newly developed UMD, the next-generation compact storage media, is only 60mm in diameter but can store up to 1.8GB of digital data."
    Don't mean to come down on you like this dude, just wanted to make sure really. :good:

20. syngod

syngod Moderator

Yeah your right it's 1.8, but for the size it's a really nice picture.

If they could fix the load time and display issues (dead pixels), I would give it a 10/10 right now I'd say it's about an 8.5.