PSU Confusion

Discussion in 'Power Supplies and UPS's' started by pradeepmahato, Mar 16, 2007.

1. pradeepmahato

pradeepmahato Geek Trainee

New Config - Need PSU Wattage Advice!

I also have this problem .My system is Intel 630 [email protected],512 ddr ram,intel 915GAV,2 HDD,1 DVD Writer,1 CD writer,floppy drive,3 external fan and nvidia 6600GT. I have 350 Watt power supply recent but I had tried with 450 Watt power supply .It did not worked.Hey also help me.SORRY I cannot reply you because I am itself having problem!!!;)

2. ahdrum

ahdrum Geek Trainee

I am having a hard time understanding exactly what the problem is you are having, but for your setup i would suggest the same power supply i suggested for ArcanePathos....you can never have too much wattage/voltage. The possible consequences for not having a powerful enough power supply are just not worth the risk.

3. pradeepmahato

pradeepmahato Geek Trainee

I am very very thankfull to you.I am very sorry.I should have mentioned all the details.I have a Frontech 350 Watt PSU.I get an error telling that due to low power the Graphics Card has lowered its performance to such an entent that it does not lock up.I know that if I buy PSU of even 450Watt from antec or thermal... or cool master it will work.But those brands are not available here.Brands from Unix,Frontech and Super power are available.Please tell me among these .If any then how much Watt ? Yesterday ,I once again searched for a good PSU and I found a 450 watt PSU from Super Power. They say that it is for server .Will it work?I need your help.Please guide me

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but we do allow users to create threads here.