Quake 4

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by pelvis_3, Oct 10, 2005.

1. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

For all you Quake fans, including myself

The official QUAKE 4 website is up and running at www.quake4game.com. At the site, you will find never-before-seen videos, the official QUAKE 4 trailer, wallpapers, screenshots, background information and the latest QUAKE 4 news. Additionally, you can find the QUAKE 4 Fan Art Logo Contest winner.

Does anyone think it's going to equal to or better than Doom 3?

2. Fred

Fred Moderator

Considering I wasn't that impressed with Doom3, I'm thinking that Quake 4 is going to be better. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, they're making it single player also (like Quake 1 and 2). Yeah.. I'm looking forward to it.

3. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Quake 3 was single player, it just had a tournament style campaign just like UT. Personally though I think Q4 isn't going to be at all good, Quake has never held my interest. As far as FPS games go, I'm looking forward more to F.E.A.R.

4. Fred

Fred Moderator

Well yeah... I meant the whole "storyline" thing.

5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I think it should be better, at least you'll get outside and out of the mars facilities. I like the idea of being turned into a strogg too.

6. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Hehehe, yeah thats true, Doom 3 does have some excellent gameplay and a good atmosphere but atleast with quake, you know it's pretty much garunteed to give some good action!

7. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Not really, Q4 is guaranteed to give as much action as D3 was. Both come from high-action backgrounds, just D3 didn't make the mark, because there was a lot of pressure and focus on making it look good (which it really did). The same could happen with Q4, they could spend too much time making it seem good but leave the gameplay in the gutter, it has been done before.

I'll be looking to how it turns out, but it doesn't hold high hopes in my field.

8. kool_azn

kool_azn Geek Trainee

*drools*

9. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Q4 is almost the same as doom 3, exept not as scary, it seems like it runs on the same engine as doom 3, i can run it on high settings with 16X AF perfectly, as smooth as silk :p, but not ultra, its a good game, but lets put it this way, if doom 3 was a crap game, quake 4 would be, there almost the same.

10. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Q4 didn't live up to my expectations at all, so I'm dissapointed with it, I'll probably end up selling it really.

11. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Dissappointed? That's too bad man, what was wrong with it?

12. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

it raped my computer at 640x480 and low settings.

13. Willz

why did they not just use quake 4 as an expansion pack onto doom 3, or modify it a little to make it DOOM 4, becouse thats all it is.

14. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Well I haven't played it but it looks exactly like D3, which makes sense. I never really thought using the same engine would produce that similar a game, graphics wise.

15. Willz

if i were the makers of quake 4, i wud pull all copys back in, and rename the game DOOM 4 :p

16. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

I was expecting a whole lot more from it, the game had promised so much, yet delivered so little, I was looking forward to the Strogg part but that's just boring.

But you gotta take into account that they wouldn't make Doom 4 look the same as Doom 3, that would just be a complete waste, if I were ID software I personally would have left the Quake series to die after 3 killed it off.

17. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Even if D3 was a 'better' game, Quake 4 looks more fun at least, but I trust you guys so I guess it's not really living up to the hype. I'd be interested to see a review on this guy sometime.

18. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

I'm working on several reviews at the moment, Q4 is one of them, I'll try and get it done soon. :)

19. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Nice, thanks man, you're reviews are gaming mag quality.

20. Willz

on quake 4, i put settings to high, forced 16X AF and 6XAA, then put it to 1280x864 reseloution, made sure every settings was on and on highest, then went into game, i was getting like 17-180fps, most of the time it was about 20-40fps, should i be getting more than that?
    it gets laggy when it at like 17 fps.