Radeon x700

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by kopite123, Nov 16, 2005.

1. kopite123

kopite123 Geek Trainee

A few months ago i bought a radeon x700 which i installed and for the first few days had no probelms but now sometimes when i turn my pc on it will beep and say connect power cable to moniter but other times it can be fine. Also sometimes when i do get on all my icons are really big and it says no graphics card installed. Does any one know how to fix this i have tried reinstalling it but nothing happened.

2. Dave35k

Dave35k H4ck3r

Hi m8 make sure you should not have connected a extra powe connection to the card, also try reseating the card ( taking it out and putting it back in ). hope this helps Dave :cool:

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Sometimes very small enviromental factors can even cause the graphics card to loose contact with the slot to some extent, enough to cause problems like yours. This could be vast changes in temperature, or perhaps the cables aren't attached securely enough? Make sure those video drives are up to date as well.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

It sounds like your system isn't always recognizing drivers and could be why the card isn't detected (when you're having large icons, that's telling me that you're at the lowest resolution, which is what happens when Windows doesn't happen to find the video card drivers).

What are your system specs? Specifically the make and model of all the parts, including the power supply.

5. kopite123

kopite123 Geek Trainee

thanks for all the replies i took the graphics card out and put it back in again and havent had any problems since.

6. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

No prob dude, glad it was an easy fix.