Rate the above poster's system...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by extreme4377, Oct 9, 2004.

1. extreme4377

extreme4377 Big Geek

Not sure if we all ready played this "game" here yet but...

The Rules:

Member A posts their specs or refers to their signature
    Member B rates member A's system based on the specs. Either a rating of 1-10 or Poor, Good, Excellent, Extreme etc. Member B also makes a comment on Member A's system.
    Member C rates member B's system and makes a comment.
    Member D rates member D's system and makes a comment.
    Etc., etc.

Let the rating begin :chk:

2. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Only thing I'd improve is the CPU - whack something like a FX-53 in there, and you got the best system I seen yet. Oh maybe 2 gigs of RAM too.

3. extreme4377

extreme4377 Big Geek

schweet! thanks. I made the mistake of thinking my mobo had AGP/PCI dividers when I bought it as I had planned on overclocking this CPU heavily but unfortuently, there are no dividers. Ive been eyeing the DFI S754 mobo for a while now but I really dont wanna rip everything out just to gain a few hundred MHz and maybe 5FPS in some games and 2 or so in other.

Anyways. Id rate yours somewhere around a 7. Youve got a powerful setup but a few draw backs. Your soundcard could be upgraded for more crisp, clear sound. Your CPU could be replace with a Northwood core or atleast overclocked about 500MHz for a very noticeable speed gain. Youve got a very generous amount of ram which is a definite positive. Your video card is still a very powerful card but it is now looked at by many as a low-end card.

4. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

a fair rating. good advice.

At the end of 2004, I was considering an upgrade to a athlon 64 3400+, but that would mean a new motherboard...maybe. I'll see how much cash I get from xmas!

5. Addis

Addis The King

Heres mine. I know its getting really old but it was high end when i first built it. Months and months ago, when the GeForceFX 5900 ultra was the latest card out. I've now got an MSI KT6V so no longer the K7N2 be. I'd rate it about 4-5.

6. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

That's a good idea extreme but we've painted ourselves into a corner.

Anyway, I'll judge addis' system.

Based on previous ratings, I'd give you 5,5

Your board has a via chipset, and you have DDR333, so ocing is not an option. You got an FX5900, and added to the fact that the FX line was creamed by ati's 9X00 cards, it's slower than a 9800.
    More RAM would help you also.
    Not sure about your sound card but I guess it's onboard ? Soundstorm's good but via has nothing to compare to it so anything PCI should be better. In sound and in performance.

This is a gamer's standpoint. Your system is still better than 80% of the population, I'm sure of it.

7. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Harrack, I'd give you around a 7 to an 8 for your pc

Here's my junker! 2400+Sempron@166fsb, MSI KT6V MoBo, Phillips psc605 Sound card, Sapphire radeon 9600SE (w00t), 2x 128mb pc2100 el Cheapo ram@166, 120gig WDhdd, Antec smartpower 350watt

I know, extreme budget pc but what do you expect out of a 14 year old without a job :D

8. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

7 ?

Strap a 6800GT in that system and it's perfect

What do you want more in it ? no really ?

SATA ? not worth 2 in a 1-10 scale, and even if it does, then the video card is worth 8 and I might as well be a 0 :p

9. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

oops, didnt see the cpu is 64bit my bad. In that case I would give you an 8-9 sorry if I offended you earlier or anything

10. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

rate me! rate me!

i'd give (the above) a 6 in terms of gaming / enthusiasts opinion, on a comparative level with the standard of a home pc a 8 or 9 :good:

11. Addis

Addis The King

Hehe, i didn't expect anyone to bother rating mine. Me and ninja have the same mobo. Procal i'd rate youra around 7-8 since you got the 6800 card. Youve got some nice ram unlike me with DDR333, and it seems you can do a good lot of gaming and could oc a bit aswell.