Re-install my Power Supply

Discussion in 'Power Supplies and UPS's' started by claprade, Jan 24, 2009.

1. claprade

claprade Geek Trainee

Hi! I have an odd situation here. I took out my power supply from my old computer to test another computer and now I am trying to re-installl it and cant figure it out!!??

At this stage (see picture) I can only wire one cable and cannot determine how my cpu fan was cabled since I have no 4 pin (on computer) to match any of my wires.

At present I can turn the power supply on but nothing happens on my monitor(not responsive) and my processor fan does not go on, I can hear a few clicks coming from the drive that's it
    and I have to turn the computer off directly from the power supply unit and not from the computer itself?

Note that none of my Power cables have a 3 pin receptacle. I hope you can make sense about
    what I am writing and that you can help! :oops:

Attached Files:

2. Net Jockey

Net Jockey Geek Trainee

I really suspect that you have Major...Major...problems.

Turning a computer on without the CPU fan working is exactly what it takes to build a boat anchor.

My CPU Fan has a connector on it that plugs into...a clearly marked receptacle...on the m/board...that says CPU...fan.

3. claprade

claprade Geek Trainee

OK guys... I found what my problem was. I had a cable missing that was left on my other power box. The one that hooks to the processor.

Thank you for your trouble....:mad::mad:

4. Net Jockey

Net Jockey Geek Trainee

It would be nice if all problems were that easy to fix.:)