recommend a cheap, good ISP

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by izzy007, Oct 26, 2006.

1. izzy007

izzy007 Big Geek

ive had enuff of this tiscali shit broadband. had it for over a year and it is supposed to be 2meg and they sed they were doing line tests to see if 8meg cud be obtained so it connects at around 4 meg now BUT it is so slow most of the time.

so thats why i need a good reliable and cheap isp. i was thinking about AOL 1meg for £15 with free router. if its reliable then it shud be faster than the current one i have coz this is messed up.
    wat bout bt 8meg, but its got a 40gig limit and plus the max speed bt say i can get is around 4.5meg and i dont think its fair paying about £25 for 8 meg and getting half the speed.

also theres pipex 8meg for £25

wat do u guys think. thanks

2. Addis

Addis The King

You're always going to be limited by the quality of your phone line and distance from the exchange thing. So I'd take other offers for 8meg with a pinch of salt. Have you considered Blueyonder? I'm using them, I get the full 2mbit at £17.99 a month, and yo can get 4mbit for £25ish i think. You'll need to check whether you have cable in your area.

3. izzy007

izzy007 Big Geek

thats the problem, i wouldve got bluyonder but i aint got cable in my area

4. donkey42

donkey42 plank

5. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Although I have just left them and not because of quality, I would recomend Demon for plain, no bells and whistles, reliable service.
    8Mbps = £19.99. No down times as far as I can remember.

If you have Sky, you can get up to 8Mbps = £0 (40GB cap).
    So far so good no complaints...

6. izzy007

izzy007 Big Geek

so its a one off £19.99 monthly payment. is it really good and reliable then. orange also have the same offer but u get a livebox for 12 months which u have to return after that i think:mad:

also does demon have a 12 month contract

7. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Demon's service is as good as they come.
    for a monthly fee of £19,99 you get a modem (USB mind...) and an unlimited (subject to fair use) download.

If I remember rightly, there is no connection fee or activation fee so 19.99 is really all you pay.

Yes, they do have a minimum 12 months contract but then again most of them do these days.

Have a look here - Consumer Broadband

Return the equipment? Are they having a laugh? Are they having a laugh?