Reflesh rate.Help needed.

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by v_sokolov, Nov 11, 2002.

1. v_sokolov

v_sokolov Geek Trainee

Hello.
    I have an ATI RADEON 9000pro and LGF700P (Monitor).
    My screen resolution is 1024/768 pixels. On the Advanced/Adapter i can choose between difrent reflesh rates from 60 to 100Mhz!
    Which is the most appropriate reflesh rate for me? Should i choose OPTIMAL or the manual choose is better?
    Thank you!

2. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

it depends on your monitor(whats the brand that made that monitor?)
    Most modern can atleast take 85hz(how old is your monitor if its less then 1 year it should suport 85hz or its verry cheap)
    If you use 60hz you wil get headache and trouble with your eyes verry fast

I dont know what optimal set the refrech rate at but I would put it the maximum your monitor can handle.

If you still have the manual of your monitor it should be in it.

3. v_sokolov

v_sokolov Geek Trainee

Reflesh rate

The manifacturer is LG! The monitor is 17` and it seems to mi that is one of the new LG models. Unfortunately i have not manual for the monitor, just drivers.
    So you mean that the bigger reflesh rate is better, ain't you?

I think i'll switch it on 100Mhz.
    Thank you

4. syngod

syngod Moderator

LG's optimum setting is 1600 x 1200 @ 75Hz, however if you want to keep it at 1024 x 768 85mhz should be ok.

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I usually go with the highest refresh rate I can get at a particular resolution. So long as I have 75Hz or better @ 1280x1024, I'm happy. 60Hz at much above 800x600 isn't easy on the eyes.

6. v_sokolov

v_sokolov Geek Trainee

I am not sure if it does matter but i found some charachterstics:
    Horizontal frequency: 30-96kHz
    Vertical frequency: 50-160Hz

Recently i switched on on 100Hz reflesh rate on 1024/768. It is working quite well. I also switched it on on 160Hz and it was again working without problems.
    That seems to be on of my biggest problesh. Which reflesh rate should i choose not to destroy/damage my monitor?

7. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

w00t 160hz ?!
    correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought 100hz was the max refresh rate(well maybe for bigger then 20" monitors it could be higher)
    If the Horizontal frequency is 30-96kHz isnt 96hz max refresh rate ?

8. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

If the display doesn't go silly on you when you apply the refresh rate, you're fine.
    I'm not really sure on the verticle and horizontal refresh rates, but I don't worry about it if it's working fine.

9. v_sokolov

v_sokolov Geek Trainee

reflesh rate

This is my last reply about that subject.
    I talked with a computer geek and he told me that it doesn't matter if you are using 85Hz or 120Hz reflesh rate! That is because the eye can not feel the difference!
    Thanks to everyone who helped!